For weeks and weeks we have been trying to convince Lucy that her hair needed a trim. She would cry and run away at the mention of a haircut. We tried bribery. We tried having her favorite cousin Claire talk to her. Nothing worked.
Until today.
She decided while brushing her teeth this morning that she would do it, if we could go to the zoo afterwards. After going outside and realizing it was way too cold for the zoo, we decided the carousel at the mall would be the perfect post haircut treat.
I made the appointment and off we went. Kevin was working, Laney stayed with Nana, and off Lucy and I went.
She did so good. Jumped right up on the chair and followed all the instructions. We only got a tiny part trimmed off. Lucy told the lady that she could only cut a little tiny bit because that is what her Papa told her. It is amazing what a little tiny cut did for her hair!
After we finished and got a sucker, we headed down to the baseball stadium to show off her new cut to Daddy. Then to the mall.
As we walked in the mall, Lucy looked up at me with those big brown eyes and said, "Mom, you know maybe I am just a tiny bit hungry." Translation: "Will you please buy me a pretzel?"
We rode the teacup on the carousel, put our quarters in the moving school bus, and sat on teh bench to eat our pretzel! It had been a long time since Lucy and I did anything like this just the 2 of us! I loved every minute, and I am pretty sure she did too!
4 comments:
That was her first haircut?? Wow! Looks like she did a great job. A pretzel sounds yummy about now, too!
Hi Lindsey!!! I saw your grandma over Christmas and she shared your blog (And Geoff's) with me. Thinking it was a neat way for us Quaker kids to keep in touch. (and I think she and my mom are trying to get me to start a blog!)
You look wonderful! And the kids are adorable! Hope you are all doing well. Keep in touch if you have a chance!
<><
Megan (Graham) Watson
So glad she finally decided to get it done...and lucky for both of you she did GREAT! Tell her Claire is very proud of her, and next time they should go together (this from Claire)!
she's so beautiful. what gorgeous hair!
Post a Comment