June 2, 2010

Be like Dad

Kevin and I always have said, even before we had kids, that it would be their decision to play a sport.  Lucy has always seemed to shy away from doing a team sport.  She loves to kick a soccer ball, but when asked if she wants to play on a team, no was always the answer.  We never pushed t-ball, but one day she said that she wanted to play.   We knew that she would have so much more fun if it was her idea to play and if it was something she wanted to do. 

Lucy has LOVED every minute of it.  She looks forward to practice every week and likes to practice at home.  And she knows she looks cute in her uniform, so that helps too!DSCN1599

She had her first game tonight, and did great.  The team she played against had 2 of her best friends from preschool!  She batted 3 times and got a hit her third time.  She wants to set the bat down nicely and then run, instead of dropping and going.  She debuted in left field (like her daddy) and the moved to pitcher and ended at catcher. 

IMG00221 IMG00222

tball 009 tball 006

tball 007 She is wearing #1, like her daddy.  Before we left tonight, she asked me in the most serious tone, “Mom, since I have #1 does that mean that I can’t play and I have to coach?”

3 comments:

The Daniel Family said...

Love all the pics! Sounds like you have a fun-filled summer on your hands between the pool, tee ball and a power wheels!

Joanna said...

What a cutie! I love the uni!

Anonymous said...

Love these pics! Especially the mix of one pant leg up, one down.

Gabby