The Greater Wichita Sports Commission put on the inaugural Prairie Fire Marathon, Half Marathon and 5K this morning and guess what….I did a half marathon…AGAIN!! I swore after the one in April I was done, but this race turned out to be such a huge event for our city, that I just had to be a part. And of course having buddies to run with makes it kinda fun!
The day was perfect for running…beautiful morning, followed by a lazy, rainy afternoon! The race began at 8 and 2 hours 3 minutes and 25 seconds later I crossed the finish line! A full 4 minutes and 25 seconds faster than last time!
Kev and I after the race. He didn’t get a picture of me running because he was more concerned with getting my attention so that I saw him, the girls, mom and dad, and the Hill family who was there to support Meghan!
Kevin didn't get a pic, but Mom did with her cell phone!

Me and my girls! I don’t think they really understand what I did, but it so cute because they do know that I run. Lucy will ask me if I am running if I have on workout clothes, and Laney asks me if I ran when we leave the Y. The girls love to do “exercises” at home with us and I think it is so awesome that Kevin and I can instill the value of an active lifestyle to them when they are still so young!
1 comment:
That's awesome! It's still a goal of mine - we"ll see when that actually happens! Great job!
Post a Comment