December 17, 2010

Better????

We have been trying to convince (bribe) Laney to start using the big girl potty and wear panties. It isn't going as well as we would like. We have been putting her in panties while at home, making her sit on whichever potty she wants, etc. And we get NOTHING.

Absolutely NOTHING. (til she puts a diaper back on)

Kevin had her on the potty the other day and they had the following conversation:

Kev: Laney, we will have big suprises if you go potty.

Laney: Like what Daddy? Baba?

Kev: You already have baba.

Laney: A better baba daddy???

At this point I would give her about anything to get her to stop wearing a diaper. Her personality is to be in control, so I guess we just have to be patient..which isn't a virtue I possess.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Too funny! They all get it in their own time. I never had a kid in my kindergarten class that wasn't potty trained. :) It's so worth waiting to not have to fight it.
Of course, talk to me in a few years when I'm still working on Beck. I'm sure I won't have the patience either!