June 26, 2011

6 years old

Hooper-5

My firstborn, sweet baby girl is turning 6 years old tomorrow.   I love this picture of her because it captures her true personality.  There is no better sound than hearing her laugh.  It’s infectious.  It can only make you smile. 

My Lucy Goose is my well-mannered, mild-tempered, rule following child.  Most of the time.  Don’t let her fool you, she can throw a fit like no other when she is tired.   She hates to be in trouble, hates to do things wrong.  She loves to be complimented, but shys away from being the center of attention.   She loves to help around the house, but despises cleaning her room.   She changes her clothes ump-teen times a day, mostly from one tank top to another.   She doesn’t like her daddy to go on road trips, but loves to sleep in bed with me when he is gone.   Lucy remembers everything.  I tell her when I need to be reminded of something, and she usually doesn’t let me forget.  She has an irrational fear of flying bugs, but loves to look at snakes.   She hates to try new foods and would like to survive on chicken nuggets, peanut butter sandwiches, lettuce and cucumbers.  

It is hard to write this post because honestly I just want to stare at that picture.  It’s so hard to believe that 6 years ago, she introduced Kevin and I to this wonderful adventure called parenthood.  She is growing up so fast it is scary.  

Happy 6th Birthday Lucy!

1 comment:

♥Shally said...

That is a great picture!!