Last night was the big night in our house. We converted Lucy's crib into a toddler bed, a.k.a. her big girl bed. Kevin and I have been extremely nervous about doing this, for fear of what she would do. Would she go to bed ok? Would she be in our room by 2 a.m.? Would she be up and down all night? We were prepared for a few sleepless nights. Lucy was so excited that she could get in and out all by herself, and must have run back and forth to her room 1,000 times last night. Then, it was bed time.
Lucy and I did our normal bedtime routine of "girl talk, NO BOYS ALLOWED" and rocked, and within about 2 minutes she was ready to get in her bed. I layed her down, tucked her in with her 2 blankets and left. Kevin and I just sat in the family room waiting for her to come out. And waited. And waited. She never came out, never even moved, she just fell asleep like normal. Lucy ended up having a great night, and came waltzing in our room around 7 this morning, climbed in between us and fell back asleep til 8:30. We were thrilled with our "big girl"
Not only is Lucy sleeping in a big girl bed, she also gets to wear big girl panties now! Yep, she has mastered potty training, thanks to Baby Jaguar. The Fisher Price toy catalog came the other week and she picked out Baby Jaguar from "Go, Diego, Go" as something she wanted. I found it that weekend on sale and picked it up to put away for Christmas. Well, little sneak found it and we told her she could keep it if she would poop in the potty. If she pooped in her diaper, Baby Jaguar was going back. Almost 2 weeks later, she still has Baby Jaguar! I guess it is all about finding motivation!
November 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment