This morning getting Lucy ready for school was difficult, to say the least. When she decided she would rather hide under the covers instead of getting dressed, I unplugged her TV and took it from her room. If she can't listen, then she doesn't need to watch any movies. Then after still not getting dressed and just screaming that she only wanted to wear her nightgown, I proceeded to find every nightgown she has and take them away too. (A nightgown is the only thing she wears if she is at home.) She finally calmed down enough and off we went to school.
That is the background info.
We were at Sam's this afternoon picking up a few things and she decided that she wanted a toy. The answer was no. A cookie? No. In the checkout line, she goes "Mom, I can either have a toy or a cookie. Which one?" How about neither?
The rest of the evening went well, we went to gymnastics, ate dinner and just hung out. Bedtime rolled around, she fussed about not being able to watch a movie and we told her that if she went to bed good tonight, she might get it back tomorrow. So after we read books, she told me she really wanted to watch a movie. I said, "Honey, no TV, no movie" She creeps closer to me, gets in my ear and whispers, "I know mom, you can go downstairs and get my little DVD player and I can just watch that." NO.
Little stinker she is. Who does she think she is? The boss?
And a footnote: She did not go to bed good, therefore the TV will NOT be returning tomorrow.
December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't you just LOVE those days!?!?!
Post a Comment