April 27, 2010

13.1

Have you ever done something just to be able to say you did it?  Well, about 3 months ago, I told Kevin one night that I was going to run a half marathon just to say I did it.  And guess what…..I actually did it!!!  I have ran more in the last 12 weeks than I probably have in my whole life combined and it really wasn’t so bad.  It is such an awesome feeling to know that I can run 13.1 miles without stopping.  It took a lot of determination, a little (probably a lot) of whining and a great friend to run with, but this past Sunday I ran in the Wichita Half Marathon.half1 Becky and I ran all our long runs together! I couldn’t and wouldn’t have done it without her! This is about 2 minutes prior to the start and we were FREEZING.  It didn’t take us long to warm up!

DSCN1482 At the 4 mile mark.  Right past here, we got passed by the winner already heading the other way!half3 Racing to the finish line.  We finished in 2 hours 7 minutes and 50  seconds.  Well under our goal of 2 and a half hours!

half5

Post race with our medals for finishing!

half4 Thanks honey for all your support!  And for listening to me whine about having to run, and then whine some more about being sore!

4 comments:

The Daniel Family said...

Way to go girl! You should be SO proud of yourself!

Joanna said...

That is so awesome! I've made a goal to do a half after this last baby. I have never been a runner and I really DO NOT like it, so I may need to call on you for support!
Congratulations! You should be very proud!

Sally said...

Awesome! I could never do it. I know you worked so hard for it, and you did motivate me to do a smidgen of running w/ you. =) Now we must go celebrate your half and Becky's bday! =)

Becky said...

Hey Lins. I'm just now reading this. How cool that you blogged our run. You definitely got me through it as well. Especially after I got that horrible side stitch about mile 11. Thx so much for running with me. I really believe it's not so much about the finish line but the fun you have along the way. Training and running with you has been a blast. Now for that next race!! And I agree with Sally...we need to plan our GNO celebration!