April 9, 2010

Kindergarten Roundup

I cant' believe that 5 years ago I was pregnant with Lucy. I was nervous about having a baby and being a good mom. At that time, I guess I always thought that she would always just be a baby.

Now I've blinked and few times and she's gearing up for Kindergarten. I can't believe it.

Yesterday we attended Kindergarten Roundup to enroll her in school and for the district to assess her abilities.


I was a nervous wreck. While telling a co-worker why I would be leaving right after school, tears filled my eyes. I mean I was going to enroll my baby in KINDERGARTEN. I was worried if I had all the right papers and if she would be cooperative and if I would hold it all together. I think some of my nervousness rubbed off on her.

The first thing they asked her to do was get her picture taken. MELTDOWN. She wanted no part of that what so ever. Thank goodness Kevin was able to come with us because I honestly just wanted to cry with her. She settled down pretty quickly and went off to "play" with the teachers.

While she played, we filled out paperwork. Lots of paperwork. I feel like I wrote our phone numbers over and over and over again. I will be very upset if the school district can never get ahold of us because they have at least 5 phone numbers on about 5 different papers.

When it was all said and done, they went over the assessment they gave Lucy. I was in awe. Lucy scored in the 99%ile of the test as a 4 year old. She scored lower on some areas only because you can't get the maximum amount of points as a 4 year old. :) The lady going over this with us was pretty impressed.

And we are quite proud. We know that she is a smart cookie, but to hear someone else affirm that is, well, it's pretty cool.

So for now, I am going to forget about the fact that in 4 months she will have her first day of Kindergarten and enjoy every moment with both my babies. Because as everyone says, "they grow up too fast."

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I remember when you were pregnant with her! Time does fly! Kindergarten will be a great, fun milestone inher life and, obviously, she will do great! So will you! :)