August 13, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

IMG_2342 Wake up Sleepyhead!  Time for school!!

IMG_2343

IMG00335 IMG_2346 IMG_2347 IMG_2348

Whew! What a day!  Lucy started KINDERGARTEN this morning and she LOVED it!  All four of us went last night to “Meet Your Teacher Night” where we toured the building, saw her classroom and met her teacher.  It was a crazy madhouse, and it made me a little nervous that Lucy would be freaked out.  Instead, it was just the opposite!  She was a little tired getting up this morning, but perked up rather quickly and got ready in a hurry!  Kevin and I took her to school and walked her in….we had no clue where to go when we got there.  We quickly figured out that all the kids wait in the gym til the bell rings.  We showed her where that was and headed to her classroom.  She found her desk, hung up her bag and was ready for the day.  There were a few kids around her with teary eyes and Lucy seemed to be affected by that, but as soon as Mrs. Graverson said “draw me a picture” she was on a mission.  I, with tears in my eyes, told her to have a great first day of kindergarten, and we left. 

I was so excited all morning to go pick her up and hear about her day!  Thank goodness she only goes half days, I couldn’t have waited too much longer than I already had to!  One of the first things she said was “Mom, you don’t have to walk me in Monday, I know where I’m going now.”   She drew a picture of her and Ribby watching a shooting star with a heart on the top, and they organized their supplies.  Her class had music today and they sang “If You Are Happy and You Know It” and they didn’t have time to read a book today.  And of course, her favorite part of the day was recess.  She loved the slide that was loopy!

2 comments:

Sally said...

What a day to start school...Friday, the 13th! Glad she had such a great first day. She looks so big! Are you getting out of baseball schedule and into school schedule?? =)

Joanna said...

Such a big girl! I'm glad she had a fun first day!