Two weeks ago Laney got her big girl room. The day before she tried to climb out of her crib during nap time, and while she didn’t fall, she did get stuck perched on top of the railing. We quickly decided that her crib days were becoming numbered. Papa decided even faster, for fear that Laney would get her leg stuck and break it, and was up the next morning to make the conversion. After everything was set up, I got to spend the afternoon buying new bedding and curtains!
The first night in her new room Laney was exhausted and went straight to bed. She was however, up at 6 am. The next night wasn’t as smooth, but she ended up going to bed pretty good. The “pretty good” wore off at 4 am when she was wide awake. Yep, ready to party at 4 in the morning. (I so do not miss the newborn days)
The third night we had to baby-gate Laney in her room. While pushing and kicking the gate, she yelled “I’m not talking to you anymore gate.” A few minutes later it was “Abre! Abre!” At least I know she is learning something from Dora!
And we’ve been on vacation since then, which she slept in a big girl bed with Lucy, and we are slowly making progress. Some nights are better than others, and the good are starting to outweight the bad :)
On another big girl note, Laney is enrolled for preschool next year. Someone please tell me where all the time goes????
No comments:
Post a Comment