Every week of Kindergarten, Lucy would come home saying so-and-so lost a tooth, and she would be green with envy. The first question she has had for the dentist the last 2 visits, “When am I going to lose a tooth?"
Considering she didn’t get her first tooth until almost a year old, I just assumed we would be waiting quite a while. To everyone’s surprise, on Wednesday, Sept 14, she comes out of the bathroom with a quizzical look on her face and says, “I think my tooth is loose.” And she was right.
So for the next week, we wiggled and wiggled and wiggled some more. I made a mad dash to buy a tooth fairy bear, which is appropriately named “Lucy Toof.”
Finally, when it got really loose, I told Lucy I could pull it. And she let me!!! And thank goodness she did because once it was out and she realized it was bleeding, she lost it and started to freak out a bit! We got her calmed down and then started calling all the family to let them know she had lost a tooth!
The tooth fairy came that night and left her FIVE DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Daddy told her that must have been a special treat since it was her first tooth!
No comments:
Post a Comment