October 11, 2007
Bye Bye Pink Bink
I did the most disastrous thing ever last night. Kevin has therapy putty that he uses for his rehab on his hand, and had just finished doing his exercises, I was typing an email and Lucy was getting ready for bed. Kevin hands me the putty as he takes Lucy back to our bedroom to play on the bed, and I gather up her bink, blanket and milk. Not thinking, I put the bink, more specifically her favorite pink bink, and putty in the same hand. I realize then that the putty has stuck to it. I yell at Kevin to think of the worst thing that could possibly of happened with the putty. His response, "on the computer keyboard." My reply, "Even worse." The neon green putty was stuck to her pink bink and as much as I tried it would not come off. As if I wasn't already feeling guilty enough, I had to show Lucy why she couldn't have her pink bink. When I showed her, she just sobbed. Then I cried too. We put it in the trash together and cried some more. Never in her life has anything made me feel so bad. I guess we should take it as a sign that we need to take bink away. Bye Bye Pink Bink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment