
This weekend I have the WHOLE weekend to myself. No husband, no baby, just me and the dog since 10:00 Friday morning. Kevin went to Lawrence/Kansas City to hang out with his brother, and Lucy went to Grandma and Grandpa's house. It is nice because it gives all 3 of us a break from one another, but I really do miss them.
Yesterday was nice, after they left I went back to bed, got up and took a shower and ate lunch, then laid in bed some more. Finally I decided that I would run to Target and Borders and finish up a couple Christmas presents, yes I've started :)
After I ate dinner last night, I laid on the couch and watched 4 episodes of Private Practice that I had DVR'ed and hadn't gotten around to. It is the spin-off of Grey's Anatomy, and really wasn't too bad. I had to hold myself back from watching Thursday's new Grey's Anatomy because Kevin and I always watch it together. DVR is such a great thing....no more commericals. I watched 4 episodes in about 2 1/2 hours.
Today I actually got out of bed at 8:30 and met some friends from the Y at a little coffee shop. Notice that I didn't get up to go workout before :) They are such a great bunch of women and we all enjoy our Saturday mornings. The rest of the day I spent with my mom, buying ribbon to make Lucy bows. We didn't get around to actually making the bows, b/c I had to clean the house and show it this afternoon. We've had it on the market for 1 week, and shown it about 5 times now.
Tomorrow, I'm showing the house again, going to workout, do some laundry and then sit and wait for my family to come home. The time alone is so nice and peaceful, no football talk, no Dora and Diego and no fits about what plates dinner is served on, but I miss my babies. Having Kevin and Lucy around is what makes each day just right. But having the time to reflect and realize what a gift they both are is priceless.
After I ate dinner last night, I laid on the couch and watched 4 episodes of Private Practice that I had DVR'ed and hadn't gotten around to. It is the spin-off of Grey's Anatomy, and really wasn't too bad. I had to hold myself back from watching Thursday's new Grey's Anatomy because Kevin and I always watch it together. DVR is such a great thing....no more commericals. I watched 4 episodes in about 2 1/2 hours.
Today I actually got out of bed at 8:30 and met some friends from the Y at a little coffee shop. Notice that I didn't get up to go workout before :) They are such a great bunch of women and we all enjoy our Saturday mornings. The rest of the day I spent with my mom, buying ribbon to make Lucy bows. We didn't get around to actually making the bows, b/c I had to clean the house and show it this afternoon. We've had it on the market for 1 week, and shown it about 5 times now.
Tomorrow, I'm showing the house again, going to workout, do some laundry and then sit and wait for my family to come home. The time alone is so nice and peaceful, no football talk, no Dora and Diego and no fits about what plates dinner is served on, but I miss my babies. Having Kevin and Lucy around is what makes each day just right. But having the time to reflect and realize what a gift they both are is priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment