May 29, 2009

Yard Work

Wondering where I've been this week? Well, let's recap a bit first. When we moved in (Feb. 08) we had no idea what we would do for landscaping in the front yard. We put in trees and just left it at that. So, this spring it was time to make our house look more like a home from the outside. We had a landscape company come out and draw up a plan, give us some ideas and a price. Once we got the price we said, NO CHANCE!!! I started calling a few people and found someone to build our wall with cheap labor. I knew once the wall was done, the rest I was capable of doing. We could have done the wall, but 200ish stones weighing about 30lbs a piece...not worth it.

So, where have I been this week. Home Depot twice. Lowes 4 times (3 different stores). The local hardware store twice. Oh, and mom and dad went to Lowes to pick up some more mulch for me. About 4 hours in the front yard and this is what transpired.

Before, but after the wall was built. It curves around the side of house at the bottom.

5 boxwoods, 3 blue delphiniums, 5 day lilies and 10 bags of mulch.

3 boxwoods, 3 blue delphiniums, 5 lilies 3 knockout roses on the lower level, 7 bags of dirt (on top of what was hauled in at first) and 12 bags of mulch.

The finished project.
(sorry for the bad pic, I was also holding Laney)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Looks great. You did a great job, you little green thumb!