August 17, 2009

It's Been Awhile

Obviously we haven't been up to anything out of the normal lately. It's actually been quite calm around here. Here are the highlights, working backwards from today.

*Kevin just got home at 4:30 this morning from a 17-day road trip.
*Today was my first day of kids at school, after having inservice all last week.
*Thursday Laney had her 14 month check-up and had to get 4 shots. She did GREAT! She weighs 21 lbs. 10oz and was 30 inches long.
*Last Wednesday, since I only have to work 1/2 days of inservice, another wife and I drove 4 hours to Lincoln to surprise our husbands, and then drove back home at 7 am the next morning.
*"The Cousins" came to play at Nana and Papa's. And Gaga and Meggy came too, along with Maddi the dog. Everyone swam and swam for hours and hours. And when they weren't swimming they were eating.
*We've been to the zoo, the mall, the Y, the pool, the park and lots of other places to play.

I really think that really sums things up. The girls and I have just been trying to stay busy while Kev was gone, and most nights that meant me watching a movie with Lucy and falling asleep...which is great, except it also means falling behind on blogging. Now that Kevin is home, I should be better!

No comments: