For Halloween this year, we decided to head to Bentonville to trick or treat with the cousins. It was a particularly special trip, considering the fact that the circumstances could have been much different. My brother, Geoff, had knee surgery 2 weeks ago and last Tuesday was having trouble breathing. A trip to the ER resulted in the grim diagnosis of a pulmonary embolism. (If you watch enough medical shows on TV like I do, you know this is not a good thing) Through lots of prayer and some great doctors, he pulled through and is now on the road to recovery. It was a very scary situation and I can honestly say that I was never so excited to see my brother! It definitely puts life into perspective when you come very close to losing a loved one.
Anyways, we had a great time! The weather was absolutely gorgeous and the kiddos got to play outside and of course have a PUMPKIN PARTY!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment