Lucy got a homework assignment last week, not just for her but for the entire family. We were to decorate a gingerbread man. I think she got in on Thursday and we finally got in done tonight. Between basketball practice, her first game (which I will blog about soon) and our trip to Lawrence for Thanksgiving we just haven't had time.
First I made copies so that Laney would be occupied :) and then got out all the supplies we decided on...crayons, glitter glue, pipe cleaners and also some surprise finds I had in my stash...googley eyes and red puffy things.
We set to work as a family. Lucy decided that the gingerbread man needed hair and it quickly became a gingerbread GIRL! Thanks Daddy for the great hairdo! Lucy picked out the rainbow colors for the stripes on her cuffs. At first we had a black pipe cleaner making the mouth. After we made him a her, it looked more like a mustache and girls have red lips!
I love that her kindergarten teacher sends home projects like this. It makes us sit and down and work together to accomplish some fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment