Lucy came home from school Tuesday all excited about a green shirt she got to wear at school. After a few conversations, I finally got the idea of what happened! Her librarian, Mrs.. Mitchell, had filled out a character card with Lucy’s name on it for being respectful in the library. She had her eyes forward, hands by her sides and was paying attention. Cards get drawn at the beginning of the week and the kids’ pictures get put up on a bulletin board. They also wear a special shirt and sit at a special table for lunch! Lucy was so proud of this achievement, as were her daddy and me! These are the little things that remind us that we are doing our jobs at home!
That same night, she was telling me about some math test they took that day. “Mom, we had to put our offices up.” I questioned her on what it was about and she told me everything and the answers. I said, “Lucy, it sounds like you did very well. Mommy is very proud of you for trying hard and doing your best.” She replied by taking her index finger and tapping my nose and saying “I always do good Mommy!”
No comments:
Post a Comment