October 27, 2012

2 Coaches in the Family

This fall we decided to add more chaos to our calendar by me becoming the assistant cross country coach at my middle school.  I figured that since I like to run anyways, I might as well 1) get paid to do it and 2) get to enjoy the kids I teach outside of school.   I'm so glad I did.  I loved developing relationships with kids I didn't know and continuing the ones I had in class in the last couple of years.  It is amazing what you learn about kids when you are running next to them.  The 7th grade team was amazing...the girls won every meet and had a perfect score at our league meet, placing 1, 2, 3!  It was very exciting!  The 7th grade boys won the league meet as well, taking 1st and 2nd place.  The 8th grade teams struggled, but they never gave up.  While I have to admit that I was ready for the season to end, now I'm looking forward to next year!

This is the quote we had on the back of our shirts that the kids voted for:  "The truth of the matter is that you can always run faster. The fact of the matter is that the truth hurts."

No comments: