It's the most wonderful time of the year...nope, not Christmas, FALL FESTIVAL!!!! The girls look forward to this every.single.year!! We all get excited when we see the carnival trucks start rolling into town mid-week and set up for all the fun! This year we started the fun by going downtown on Friday night to check it all out and play some games! The girls mapped out what rides they would ride first, and what they wanted painted on their faces...I'm surprised they slept all Friday night in anticipation of the fun to be had!
Saturday morning didn't start as we had hoped...Kevin was running a temperature and not feeling well at all. So, the girls and I did what every wife should do when their husbands are sick...LEAVE THE HOUSE! We went and watched the parade and collected lots of candy! Then the fun really began! They each got their face painted and then we were off to ride!!!
They started off the day riding all the kiddie rides...and then we got a little brave and hit the Tilt-a-Whirl. I love amusement rides, and I still don't know if I have ever had more fun! Listening to them giggle as we twirled and whirled was priceless. And then when we got off Laney says "THAT.WAS.A.W.E.S.O.M.E." I was in agreement!
We headed home for lunch (and to check on Daddy) and then went right back downtown for more fun! I love that we live close enough to just go back and forth! Lucy met up with some friends and caved to the peer pressure of riding all the "big" rides. She was all smiles as she rode the Spider, Swings and the Cliffhanger. And she continued to ride them for 3 hours! Since there weren't many "big" rides that Laney could do, she kept on riding the Tilt-a-Whirl. Thankfully for some good friends, whose 5th grade daughter Laney thinks is her best friend, I didn't have to ride it over and over. But everytime Laney got off, she would say "THAT WAS AWESOME," like she had never ridden it before!
As usual, they are already talking about next year! Laney is hoping that she grows enough to ride all the big ride and Lucy says she is done with the kiddie rides now...the big ones are just way more fun!
October 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment