April 29, 2008

Green Thumb



Lucy has been begging to plant flowers lately, ever since we started making trips to Lowe's to get things to water our lawn! (Note the green grass in the background, we finally got GRASS) It was a beautiful afternoon here, so I put down mulch during Lucy's nap and then we were off to pick out flowers. She picked out everything herself....impatiens, gerber daisy, pansies, petunias and 2 other things that I can't remember. (This should not come to a surprise to anyone) I had gotten her a little shovel and some Dora gardening gloves on my earlier trip to get mulch. She loved wearing the gloves and digging around in the dirt.

Ok, so on to actually planting the flowers. Lucy was so excited on the way home, stayed excited until she realized that her gloves would have to get dirty. Dirty hands and Lucy just dont' go together! So, she told me where to put the flowers in the pot, and she hung out until it was time to water the flowers.

1 comment:

The Daniel Family said...

That sounds like my kinda planting!!!