April 27, 2008

New Games

Princess Mommy Game

It started a few weeks ago, at my parent's house, she would tuck me in and tell me "Night Night Sweetie" leave the room, come back before I could fall asleep (this was the bad part) and wake me up by saying "Time to wake up sweetie. Time for breakfast." This went on for about an hour. Each time, I would try to get her to stay gone for longer so that maybe, just maybe, I could sneak in a cat nap. I think I actually fell asleep for about 20 minutes one time!

The game took on a whole new face the other week when I began going through baby stuff, trying to get ready for Laney's arrival. Lucy found the bibs and bottles, and decided that now Mommy Baby and Daddy Baby needed to be fed, bib and all. For what it's worth, wearing a baby bib as an adult is not very comfortable. Kev's bib in the above pic states "I love Mommy." At least Lucy found the one boyish looking one for him.

There is one VERY important rule that the babies must follow in this game though. You must call Lucy "Princess Mommy." If you call her anything else, she makes you repeat it until you call her Princess Mommy.


Ballet Class

The latest game that has popped up this week out of Lucy's imagination is having ballet class. Of course she is always the teacher and has to be called "Ballet Teacher" or "Princess Ballet Teacher" or as the other day it was something along the lines of "Princess Birthday Party Ballet Teacher Show." She of course must be wearing a dress and some sort of shoes with sparkles on them, and of course she has to pick out the most uncomfortable shoes in my closet.

In ballet class we step up and down, march, twirl, jump in circles, point our toes and then to end the show, you are supposed to go down to one knee. Fortunately, I've convinced Lucy that if Mommy does that, she isn't getting back up!

2 comments:

♥Shally said...

AWWW... Look at Kevin being the good daddy!!! :)

The Daniel Family said...

Sounds like the world or imagination is full swing in your household! Kev is at least a good sport, and it sounds like you are getting some free exercise! Miss you guys!