Here are some pictures from our work in the basement. The carpet was supposed to come in yesterday, but was stuck on a truck about 2 hours from here and won't be delivered until Wednesday. We WILL have carpet down there by the end of the week. I have to say things went much smoother than I could ever have anticipated. Besides a few minor mishaps, mostly on the painting front, it was all good. Mom flung herself in the face with stain once, and that gave us all a great laugh on the last day of work. We are so thankful to Nana and Papa for all their time and hard work they put into helping us. Our basement would still be a dust pit if not for them. They were here for 2 straight weekends, plus almost every night in between. Kevin and I appreciate all your help more than you'll ever know, and the girls will too as soon as they can get down there and PLAY!
Nana and Kev's buddy, Mike, staining the doorways.
It looked much worse than this at many points. By the time I got the camera out, most of the trim was already put up.
Kev using the nail gun. I was nervous :)
No comments:
Post a Comment