March 17, 2009

Weekly Update

When my sister is away I will play, play, play!





It seems that as the weather gets nicer I am blogging less and less. It's not that we have less going on, it is the exact opposite. I feel like I don't sit down until the girls are in bed, and then I really just want to sit and do nothing.

This week is my spring break, which means that instead of the usual 4-5 days off, I have 12!!! It is so nice to not even think about going to work. Lucy is also off of school and gymnastics so we have just been going at our own pace.

The weather has gone from very chilly to absolutely beautiful the last few days and we've taken full advantage of it all. Last Friday (very cold) Kevin and I took the girls swimming at the Y. Laney did much better this time and splashed and kicked and giggled the whole time. Lucy is now showing a little more fear of the water (she still loves it though) and doesn't want to venture far from the wall or mom. I've decided that we will put her in swim lessons for the months of April and May so she can start learning since she won't let me try to teach her. Hmmm...reminds me of when I was learning how to waterski!!!

Saturday Lucy had a playmate with a friend from school, Maci. She talks of Maci everyday and vice versa. These girls are two peas in a pod. I think it will be fun to watch them grow up as friends. They will be in the same preschool class next year as well.

We spent the day on Sunday outside. We cleaned the garage out and got it looking respectable and took a stroll around the neighborhood. We saw 6 deer in the field and Lucy has told most everyone about them. Monday was more of the same...being outside. Lucy painted out there and then we just hung out. And then more playing outside at Nana's and Papa's while Kevin and I enjoyed a nice dinner without kiddos.

Today was a repeat of being outside. I thought we could beat the crowd at the zoo this morning by going before lunch and boy was I wrong. I have never seen so many people there...even during field trip season. We only spent about 45 minutes there....thank goodness for a membership! The afternoon was spent playing ball with Ribby, watering flowers and blowing bubbles. Lucy thinks if she continues to water the flowers from last year and gives them love and sunshine that they will grow back. I think I might have to plant some one day while she is at school so she doesn't get heartbroken.

Laney is now into EVERYTHING. She could win a diaper derby hands down...she may be the fastest crawler I've ever seen. She pulls up on everything and puts everything in her mouth. She loves to eat and we have yet to find anything she doesn't like. She is getting tired of baby food, but at 9 months she still has no teeth.

1 comment:

Sally said...

I think I will avoid the zoo until everyone goes back to school. When we left on Monday at 1:30, after we'd been there over 3 hours, the line to get in went to the parking lot!! Insane!! Yes, thank goodness for a membership!