April 11, 2009

Bunny Cake

I found a picture of a Bunny Cake the other day, and decided that I was going to try tot make it for Easter. I have NEVER attempted anything like this before...I have a hard enough time getting a layer cake to look decent. I was supposed to use to round pans, but they were no where to be found. I figured I could cut a circle from the square with the help of a salad plate.

The assembled cake.

The frosted cake. I will gladly accept any hints on how to frost, especially the cut part.

The final product. Jelly bean eyes, a peppermint patty in the middle of his bow tie and of course no baking project with Lucy would be complete without some pink and red sprinkles!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

aWesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lucy.....GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sally said...

It's turned out great!! My Easter cookies didn't look so hot. Oh well!

I've heard to chill the cake first and then frost a "crumb coat" with some thinned out frosting (we added milk to think it out) just to seal all the crumbs. Then frost like normal!

Lewis Family said...

That turned out so great!!! I love it and want to make one too!!! :)

Joanna said...

So cute! I'm thoroughly impressed! I, too, have such a hard time frosting cakes that have been cut! I'm glad to read the tip!

The Hoovers said...

wow! so cute!! i bet it was as yummy as it looked! wanna make a cinderella cake for cam's bday and mail it to ohio?? just a thought. . hope you all are doing well! love, shannon

♥Shally said...

Impressive!!

Maybe I will attempt that next year.:)