April 19, 2009

Staying Busy

I guess we have either not been doing much, or doing too much and I just don't have the time to post about it! Here's a short recap of the last week (as much of it as I can recall.)

The Easter Bunny came to visit the girls. He brought Lucy a much wanted Sleeping Beauty doll and some Ariel goggles and a kickboard to help entice her to swim class. It didn't work. Laney got a walk behind toy that she has yet to walk behind. I think with the exception of Sleeping Beauty, the Easter Bunny was a bust this year!

The week was filled with pretty decent weather so we have been playing outside LOTS. We had a short visit to the zoo with Daddy on Tuesday where the gorillas were very playful. Laney thought it was hilarious when they chased each other and talked to them when they came by the window. We took quite a few walks and blew lots of bubbles. Lucy loves to chase them, Ribby loves to chase Lucy and Laney loves to watch it all. Great combination!

Swimming lessons were stressful once again. She didn't even make it into the pool, and about had me in tears this week. It's not like when she was 2 at Mom's Day Out and I could leave her crying knowing that the teacher would take care of her. There is only 1 teacher and he is in the pool. I can't just leave my baby standing there screaming for me. It just really stinks because it isn't the water she is scared of, it's me not being in there with her. We'll take a little break and try again later I guess.

With the weather getting warmer, it was time to sort through and find some summer clothes for Laney. I ended up dumping every bin of clothes we had and sorting through it all. What an undertaking. Lucy has been blessed with TONS of adorable clothing in the last 4 years!

The forecast has warm temperatures and sunshine all week, so another week outdoors we will be! We are having a garage sale this weekend (dreading) so most of our free time will be spent getting ready for that. Between now and then I promise to get some pictures on here!

3 comments:

♥Shally said...

Don't stress out about the swim lessons!

My girls did the same thing, so I just took them out. They were also not scared of the water- just the teacher. :) There was no sense in all of us being traumatized, so we just postponed it. They were clearly not ready yet.

We will try again this year.

Just take her to the pool as much as you can so she can get her swimming down.She is young, there is plenty of time to learn technique. My girls are fishes by the end of every summer- without the lessons. :)

Keri said...

Hey Lindsey~

Remember me? Keri... BLaine Neal's wife. Just found your blog.. saw your comment on Shannon's site and followed it. Just thought I'd say hi. Good to see you are doing well. You all look great and your girls are so sweet. Life moves so fast!

Take Care
Keri

rachel said...

The girls are so cute. We miss you guys! I would just love to see Lucy right now. I think about how Celia is now the age that Lucy was when I last saw her. Hope you guys are doing well.