April 7, 2009

Swim or Bust

Today was the first day of Lucy's swimming lessons. Or class as she calls it. With me in the water, Lucy has NO fear and is a little fish. Jumping in, going under, she loves it all. Now that we have Laney, I wanted Lucy to learn a little more about how to swim and enrolled her in lessons at the Y. One problem though.

She NEVER got in the water.

She cried "mama" over and over, louder and louder until I came to the rescue.

There was absolutely no part of it that wanted to partake in. (And it didn't help that she was the only girl.)

So, we sat and watched the entire 45 minute class. She is capable of doing everything they do in class. Her friend, Maci, is in the Saturday class, and thankfully there was a spot left so I switched days. I hope that helps...we'll find out Saturday!!!

No comments: