March 2, 2010

Growing up is hard…

…on Mom and Dad.

In the last week I have made Lucy’s appointment to enroll for Kindergarten, attended her (last) preschool parent-teacher conference, and she has moved up to do gymnastics with the “big girls.” I think I am still absorbing all of this, or maybe just denying most of it. The kindergarten enrollment is one that I am in denial about so I will skip right over it until it actually occurs (April 8).

Her parent teacher conference was great, as expected. She loves to go to school and always comes home talking. She has her favorite friends, Maci and Cader (a boy….gasp). She can do all the things that she should be doing plus some more….letters, numbers, shapes, colors. She knows our address and phone number, and Nana’s too (and she loves to call Nana now). Lucy knows that my name is Lindsey and she told her teacher that her daddy’s name was Hoopy.

Ms. Lori, her gymnastics teacher, decided Lucy needed a bit more of a challenge and moved her up to the “big girl” class. Her other class was a little on the rowdy side and Lucy was one of the few kids who listened and behaved. I think that Lucy’s behavior played a big part in her moving up. In her new class, Lucy is by far the smallest, and probably the youngest. Some of the girls are almost 8!!! Lucy was a nervous wreck while we were watching Laney’s class. She kept asking me questions like “Mom, do you think I can do class,” “How old are the other girls?”, “Will we still get stamps and suckers?” Poor thing, I was a nervous wreck too. My hands were all sweaty; I just wanted her to do well and have fun. And she did both!!!

DSCN1399 DSCN1397

DSCN1400

No comments: