What a great week we had. Lucy was so excited that she had the week off of school and that Mommy did too! While the weather wasn’t all that “springish” we still managed to get in lots of great fun! We decorated eggs, made beads for necklaces, had a friend over to play and enjoyed the much anticipated visit from the cousins! One morning I went to work at school before the girls got up and I got in trouble when I arrived home…"Mom, you ARE NOT supposed to go to school over Spring Break.”
Since Claire and Landon have their spring a week later than ours we made the most out of the 3 three days we had together. Saturday, the first day of spring, included a small accumulation of snow. That didn’t stop us though, we managed to head out to lunch and then had a great time at a local toy store….Thanks Nana and Papa for the cool stuff!!!! That night the boys headed to Monster Truck Jam, Kevin stayed at home and watched his Jayhawks lose, and the girls went to Cracker Barrel.
Sunday was Claire’s 7th birthday! We celebrated with Nana burgers and rainbow cupcakes! The kids then played at our house all afternoon! Lucy ended up falling asleep at 7:45 on the way home!!!!
Monday was nice out, so the girls and kids headed to the zoo. What a great time! All four enjoyed running from place to place and pointing out cool and sometimes gross things!!! We decided it would be best to say our goodbyes from there and I think Nana, Meggy and I could have all cried. Landon, Lucy and Claire never want to say goodbye to each other. As we were walking out of the zoo, Lucy wouldn’t even look back when Claire kept yelling bye to her. She finally said “ I wish they didn’t live so far away and lived near us.” When I asked Lucy that night what her favorite part of the day was, she said “being with my cousins.” Her least favorite part, “telling her cousins bye.” I think it’s safe to say that no matter how many miles are between these cousins, they are always going to be the best of friends. This was the “Lucy Sandwich” as we were saying goodbye.
1 comment:
Looks like you had a fun week! We are just starting Hope's spring break - time to make some plans! :)
Post a Comment