It was 45 degrees (maybe) and rainy and windy today, yet our Spring Break from school has now begun. Seems kinda weird, but Lucy and I both are ready for a week off and Kevin and Laney are excited too. I have big plans for our break....cleaning and crafting mainly, but really just excited not to have a schedule. No school, no gymnastics, no nothing!!!!
Here's a quick recap on what we have all been up to lately.
Laney got the stomach bug this week. It was so sad to see her point to her belly and whine. She didn't eat much at all Wednesday afternoon or Thursday, but today she has done nothing but eat. She bounced back pretty quickly and has been running wild today! Her new thing is to tell people "no, no" and point her finger at you. She has also decided that Ribby's name is now "Dog" It cracks us up to hear her yell "dog, dog" when she wants Rib to follow her!
Lucy got her hair cut this week a little past her shoulders. It amazes me how just a few inches can make her look so much older. Everything she does is a constant reminder of how big she is getting. We are working on getting her to go to bed better at night. So far it's not working very good. After spring break "Bedtime Bootcamp" is starting up!
Kevin finishes his basketball league and starts his softball season all this week. His softball is now his "fix" of playing. He pretty much has his team set for the Wingnuts and is ready for season to start. Spring Training doesn't start until May 1st and their first game is around the middle of May!
I have started some new adventures. I have a new found love for Mod Podge and for spray painting things. I have covered diaper boxes in scrapbook paper to make cute storage boxes, and have spray painted cheap black picture frame in oil rubbed bronze. Right now I am in the midst of making a "lost sock" board for the laundry room. (I will post some pictures here soon) I have also decided that I am going to run a half marathon at the end of April. I am not really sure why I am doing this because I don't enjoy running so much, but it gives me a workout goal.
March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats on your goal for the half! I think I want to do that once I can get back into it after this last baby. I really hate running, but like you said, it feels great to have a goal!
Can't wait to see craft pictures! Enjoy your break!
When is Kansas going to wake up and realize that MARCH is NOT spring and spring break should happen IN spring??? makes NO sense to me!!
I'll be back in town Monday night, and I'm going to try to make it to at least Y-Box at 11:30...maybe even pilates before it.
Post a Comment