July 5, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Lucy

5 years old. 

Going to Kindergarten in 6 weeks.

I guess time really does fly when you are having fun. 

And we have had LOTS of fun in 5 years.  For her birthday we partied all day long!!

DSCN1626 First we opened presents!  New clothes, flip flops and a body pillow from her sister which was her fav!!

DSCN1642

Next up were cinnamon rolls for breakfast!  We put candles in and Laney and I sang Happy Birthday to her! (fyi, don’t put candles in hot cinnamon rolls unless you like the taste of wax!)

DSCN1646 After lunch, I took Lucy and her best friend, Maci, to the movies! We ate popcorn, drank Dr. Pepper, and oh yeah, watched “Marmaduke.” The girls had a great time together and I loved listening to them giggle!

DSCN1651 We continued the celebration by having dinner at Red Robin with Nana!  Lucy loved that they brought her ice cream with whipped cream!  She only ate the whipped cream!DSCN1652

DSCN1657 DSCN1668

Finally we ended the celebration with cake at the hospital with Papa! He had just had knee replacement surgery 2 days prior, so we brought the party to him!  We enjoyed a yummy cake and had fun playing with Lucy’s new toys! 

Just a little story about my favorite part of the day:  Before bed Saturday night, Lucy told me “Mom, don’t forget to tell me happy birthday in the morning.” So the first thing I said to her was “Happy Birthday” She responded by asking me her birthday really was, like the time she was born.  I told her that she was born at 2:44 in the afternoon and that would be in the middle of the movie.  She never said another word about it, until in the middle of the movie, she leaned over and quietly asked “Mom, am I 5 now?”  Sure enough, she was!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Lucy!!!Sounds like she had an AWESOME day! I hope your dad is doing good!