Since potty training Laney is turning into an adventure, I figure I might as well start some sort of series to tell the tales that are sure to keep coming.
Here is some background information that might help you understand the woes:
- Lucy pretty much potty trained herself at 27 months so we have no clue what we are doing.
- Laney is 31 months.
- She knows exactly what she is doing, she just chooses to do the opposite of what we want.
- Laney has more attitude than I know what to do with :)
- She is staying dry for long periods of time, will sit on the potty for an hour and not go, but then go as soon as you put a diaper on her.
Yesterday, I told Laney that it was time to sit on the potty. She sticks her head in the air and while walking away from me says “Not today Mama, not today.”
Today she went potty for Nana once, and sat on it one other time. When she woke up from her nap, I put her on the potty for 5 minutes and she didn’t go. I put a pull up on her and told her that we would try again soon but if she needed to go to tell me. About 20 minutes later she comes to me crying saying she needs to go peepee. She sits on the potty and GOES!!!! Woohoo!!! She gets a peanut butter cup if she goes, and Lucy came over and asked if she could have one too. Laney looks right in her eyes and says “If you want a peanut butter cup, you have to pee in the potty.”
3 comments:
Too funny! Both of the girls trained pretty easily and still I. hate. potty. training! I hate everything about it. And, I hate that after they are finally potty trained, you have to start taking them to public restrooms everywhere you go!
Good luck!
Cam was the worst!! Every time I would ask her to go, she would say, "Tomorrow."
I literally sat her on the potty one ENTIRE day. She ate there, watched movies and drank a ton of juice. :)
If she only wants to go in a diaper or pull up (which is a diaper, right?!) don't put them on her. Either she'll go in the potty or have an accident and hate cleaning it up and changing. Good luck!
Post a Comment