January 18, 2011

Snow Day

snow collageLast week we had our first (and I wish last, but more is supposedly coming tomorrow) snow of the winter.  It was so cold that it was hard to enjoy playing in it, but we did manage to play for about an hour one day.  We bundled up in snow bibs that were too short (Lucy ) and rain boots (Laney) because she had played dress up with her snow boots and we couldn’t find them.  

Lucy loved it.  She couldn’t wait to get outside.  She went down the hill and carried her sled back up.  She fell down in the snow on purpose.  She got snow on her whole body and laughed.  She did cartwheels, and really good cartwheels in the snow.  She made snowballs with our neighbor Zachary and they threw them at the moms.   Within 10 minutes of being inside, she was ready to go back out. 

Laney liked it.  She went down the hill on the sled; I carried her back up.  She fell down and cried; I picked her up.  She got snow on her gloves; I wiped them off.  Repeat about 10 times.  Then she was D.O.N.E. (And so was I.)   Going down the sled head first was her favorite part!

No comments: