August 12, 2011

First Grade

DSC00770

DSC00771

DSC00772

Today was the first day of 1st grade for Lucy today! She was so excited…enough so that she woke up on her own at 7:30 this morning!  We met her teacher, Mrs. Baalman, last night and she seemed very nice.  It is her first year teaching so I’m sure she has some great ideas!   After I helped her get all her stuff organized, she sat down at  her desk and said  “bye Mom.”  I walked out fighting back tears.   My little girl was going to be in school ALL DAY LONG.  When I picked her up after school, she was super excited.  She gets to have PE and Music EVERYDAY and the very best part???  TWO recesses!!!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

So sweet! Congrats on making it through the first day Lucy! ( you too Mom!:)

I loved your poem in your last post! Hope you all have a wonderful school year!