The day that has been much anticipated by Laney finally arrived today. She finally got to go to school. Laney has been so excited about going to school since enrollment in the spring. She actually has 2 schools. Today she went to the Maize Early Childhood Center. It is the preschool for at risk and special needs children in the school district I teach in. The offer enrollment to staff member’s children to be peer models. I student taught in this program 10 years ago, and if today is any indication, Laney will love it.
All ready to go with her new backpack as Daddy walks her in. Since the ECC is housed in the high school, she gets to keep her stuff in a locker! She thought that was big time! Her favorite part of the day was playing outside and going down the slide!
Lucy was also excited about Laney’s day. When Laney and I went to pick up Lucy from school, the first thing out of Lucy’s mouth was “Laney, how was your first day of preschool?” How sweet is that?
No comments:
Post a Comment