or at least according to Lucy. I had such a long spring break due to our teaching schedule (I only work Wed, Thur, and every other Fri), and I just went back to work today. Monday we drove past my school and Lucy told me "Mommy, you no go work anymore!" And then I broke the news that I would have to go on Wednesday. She cried and told me that I needed to stay at home with her and Daddy. So, last night I was prepping her for the fact that when she woke up I would be at work. Her simple response, "Mommy, you can't go to work because there are too many people and you might bonk your head." Sounds good to me, think my principal would buy that excuse?
In other news:
*We were getting gas tonight (of course we only need gas the day after a 10 cent increase) and a motorcycle pulled up and was rather loud. Lucy matter of factly states, "That noise is certainly loud."
*Lucy also informed me last night that Laney would be here in 2 days. It kinda makes me a little nervous because Lucy can tell us that it is going to rain tomorrow, and guess what? Yep, it rains. As much as I would love to be done being preggo, I think Laney needs a little bit more time to bake.
*Lucy really wanted to ride bikes (she got a new trike for Easter) with our neighbor Katie last night. I told her that Katie was not outside and that maybe another night. She put her hand on her hip and bluntly said, "I don't want Katie to ride her bike next time, I want her NOW!"
*I promise to get pics posted soon. I have lots to download, and honestly, I've been too lazy to do this!
March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That Lucy is a smart one.
And if she is a good predictor, you better watch your head at work!
My niece cracks me up! I still smile to myself when I think about her prancing around here in princess dresses. I love how grown up she sounds...or maybe not, because they grow up too fast!!
Post a Comment