We spent the 2nd half of the week in Bentonville to celebrate Claire's 5th birthday and Easter with my brother and his family. As always, we had a great time, and had our moments of laughter.
*Mom, Lucy and I left Wednesday (dad and Kev followed Thurs afternoon) and Lucy was just too excited on the 4 hour drive. She only slept for 10 minutes, but was an angel. At one point, trying to keep herself awake I'm sure, she goes "How to girls count to 3?" I reply, "I don't know, how do they?" Her response, "On their fingers!" followed by a bout of giggles!
*Claire informed me yesterday that if I had a drink, I could just set it right on top of my belly. Coming from a very serious now 5 year old, I had to just smile :)
*Lucy loves to pretend to play Guitar Hero, as long as you let her think that she wins! Claire amazes me with her knowledge of all the words to the songs! For what it is worth, that game could totally be addicting and lead to serious soreness!
*Lucy has decided that she is going to teach Landon how to potty in the big potty. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. Thursday night we went out to dinner, and Lucy thought that Landon should have come potty with us so she could show him how.
*We had so much fun playing outside, hiding Easter Eggs and playing soccerball! Thanks Geoff and Meggan for a great time! And thanks Nana and Papa for staying an extra night and keeping Lucy!
*Tonight we went to watch the local hockey team, the Wichita Thunder, play. While I really don't enjoy hockey, it is always fun with Lucy. In her words we went to the Hockeybird game and saw 3 mascots. In reality, we saw 2, ThunderDog and Spinner the Squirrel who is the Wingnut's mascot. Spinner is really cute! Lucy clapped with the music and ate tons of popcorn, after finishing the tub, she wanted to eat what she had dropped on the floor.
Between trying to remember the portable DVD player, the GPS and the cell phone charger, I spaced out and forgot my camera! Hopefully Meggan will post some of her pics on their blog!
March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment