As of 2:30 pm Friday afternoon, we had received right around 6.5 inches of rain, with more in the forecast. My school let out early, encouraging parents to come pick up their children, as the district didn't want to put kids on the buses if they didn't have to. The roads were horrible, most people have to try 2-3 different routes to make it home. One of my friends is flooded in her neighborhood. All the roads in and out are closed. Our town was only accessible by 2 ways...neither of them very
convenient. This evening we went out just to see how much water there was (and so I could take pictures to blog). We ventured out to pick up pizza, but not in our town because the carryout time was 2 1/2 hours...and the guy wasn't sure it was safe to actually get to their parking lot.

This is someone's backyard.

Dirt road...currently a river.

The entrance to a parking lot
As he drove further, the water got deeper.
Don't think they'll be playing soccer in the morning...maybe water polo?

This truck is for sale. There were 2 smaller cars there this morning, they may have floated away.

Sign says it all.
2 comments:
I haven't ventured out since I got back from the Y yesterday morning. I'm sure 13th out in front of our house is a mess!
That is just amazing.
Post a Comment