Yesterday, Kevin was introduced as the new field manager for the Wichita Wingnuts. He has known for a while now that he wanted to move on to the managerial side of baseball, and the timing was right for him to be able to do this at home. Eventually he would like to move back over to affiliated ball and manage there, hopefully making it back to the big leagues, this time as a manager.
I think this decision to hang up the cleats was probably harder on me than Kevin. It will be hard for me to go to the ballpark each night and not watch him play, but instead watch his players play. I keep teasing him that it's about time he decided to grow up and get a real job and I think this is as close as it will get for him.
You can read more about it here and here.
November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you guys!!
He will do great!
Post a Comment