Last night was one of those nights. You know the ones where you just wish was a bad nightmare. A really, really bad one.
Lucy woke us up at 2:15 crying. She was half-way between our room and hers, and I picked her up and headed towards her room. She just asked if I would lay with her. I assumed she just had a bad dream.
Nope. The bad dream was about to begin.
The moment I put her on her bed, she began to throw up...all over herself, me, the bed, the carpet. It was absolutely the most disgusting moment I've ever experienced as a parent.
We got her and everything else cleaned up and back into bed Lucy went. Only to wake up again and hour later to the same scene. We did leave a bucket by her bed just in case and that helped tremendously.
After that, I decided that I would just sleep with her, and she woke me up a few more times, but nothing as bad as the first two.
This morning she was running a fever of 101.6, doesn't want to eat and is just not herself, so we are thinking we've got the stomach bug in our house.
I've been doing load after load of laundry, wiped everything down with a Clorox wipe and sprayed the whole house with Lysol. We are trying to do everything possible to keep this away from Laney....and hopefully Kevin and I too!
November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh man that is the worst! Knox just had it a couple weeks ago...yuck! I remember the first time he got it, he was 3 and I was in a panic. I didn't know what to do :) I hope she feels better soon and hopefully that cute baby doesn't get it!
I hate hate hate when kids get sick! I feel so bad for them!! I remember one time we didn't even put clothes on any of the kids because they were all throwing up all day.
The worst is throw up in your hair...
Hope you guys get lucky and don't catch it! Zach never does... I always do.
Oh man, that stinks (only a little pun intended). I really hope the rest of you don't get it. I'm not looking forward to experiences liket his one.
That is no fun at all! I hope Lucy is feeling better and you all stayed healthy!
Post a Comment