November 22, 2008

Swimming? Hotels?

As Lucy is recovering from having a fever for almost 4 straight days, she has been a bit overtired, demanding and restless. Yesterday on the way home from Nana's she became adamant that she was going swimming. Tears streaming, screaming, pouting, you name the undesirable behavior, she was doing it. I tried to explain to her that we can't go swimming when we've been sick, etc. (We typically go swimming indoors at the Y in the winter, so the weather wasn't a factor.) Nothing I said or did made her happy so I quit talking and she fell asleep. Brought her in from the car, laid her down, she woke up right away crying about how she wanted to go swimming. I ignored her until she gave up.

This morning she proceeded to tell Kevin that we were going swimming outside at our neighborhood this afternoon. Ummm....a little too cold for that. We then discussed maybe going to Great Wolf Lodge or somewhere of the sort and Kevin explained that maybe one day soon we could go to a hotel and go swim at a water park. More tears, pouting, stomping ensued until she finally gave up on the idea.

So, I guess it is safe to say that she is feeling better minus the over-tiredness.

That was all great until she started saying she was ready to go the hotel. Had her giraffe backpack packed, had a set of keys and was ready to GO. I thought she was just playing pretend, so I followed along. She walked to the garage door and opened it. She wasn't playing pretend, she really wanted me to pack her and Laney up and take her to a hotel.

No comments: