As a teacher, I am usually the one who gets to talk to parents about all the wonderful (and sometimes not so wonderful) things their kiddos are doing at school.
Today, the tables were turned.
We had our first parent-teacher conference for Lucy. When I first saw it on the calendar, I giggled and thought "how cute." But as the day approached I found myself getting nervous. I know what she can and can't do academically, but I always worry about her socially. The way she retells what happens at school, sometimes make her seem like she is a wallflower, always getting pushed around.
Her teacher, Miss Cyndi, confirmed what we knew about her academic skills. She can recognize her numbers, colors, shapes, some letters; tell her address and phone numbers; draw a person, a circle and her family. She also showed us something else we discovered this week...Lucy has some serious cutting skills! She followed the line and cut out a perfect heart!
Socially, Lucy is doing great. She plays with all the girls in her class and has a great time. Miss Cyndi says that no one ever messes with her...that she is the sweet, polite girl of the class.
We are so proud of our little girl. It's hard to believe that she is on the home stretch of her first year in preschool. I hate thinking that my baby is growing up, but am so happy about the little girl she is.
February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just what this aunt always knew!
So cute! I remember feeling the exact same way at Hope's 1st conferene in preschool!
Post a Comment