February 22, 2009

A Dip in the Pool

Friday afternoon I packed up the girls and their swimsuits and off we went to the Y for a dip in the pool. Lucy has always loved going swimming, and since Laney loves to take bathes and showers I was excited to take her for the first time.

As soon as we enter the pool area I feel Laney tense up a bit. She was very unsure of this new atmosphere. This was coming from the baby who bangs her head against the shower door until we let her in. We entered the water, I was determined to at least let Lucy have a little bit of fun, and Laney starts crying.

Lucy is splashing and jumping and completely enjoying herself and Laney is crying. I was doing everything I could think of to make it better for her, but nothing was working. I wasn't going to let Laney get in the way of Lucy having fun so I decided we would just deal with it for 30 minutes.

About 20 minutes into our pool adventure, Laney figures out that this pool is like a gigantic bathtub and maybe isn't so bad after all. Both girls ended up having a fabulous time and taking great naps Friday afternoon!

Lucy has already told us that we need to go swimming more often...and I think we will!

1 comment:

The Daniel Family said...

How fun! I wish we had a great place like the Y! You'll have two little fish this summer, sounds like! Give those girlies some love from their aunt...I miss them!