The weather we had here in Kansas the past few days has been spring-like and the we have taken full advantage of it! Yesterday the girls and I went to the zoo for a little bit. Lucy cracks me up when we go to the zoo because she is so excited to see each animal, but once she lays eyes on them, she is ready to move one. I get lucky if I can get her to spend 5 minutes at each exhibit. Good thing we have a zoo membership, so we can come and go as we please.
One of her new favorite things to do is feed the fish. She always checks to make sure I have enough money to buy fish food before we leave the house. We usually feed the fish on our way to the barn animals, but I found a little dock yesterday that was empty and figured those fish were hungry. I pushed Laney up so she could see from her stroller, gave Lucy the food and we started feeding the fish and a few ducks.
It seemed as if all the ducks and geese were in a frenzy. I'm not sure if it was the warm weather or if mating season is happening, but they were CRAZY. Honking and quacking and down right obnoxious.
So, back to feeding. I was talking to Laney and she was smiling and looking at the fish popping out the water, when all of a sudden there was a huge WHOOSH.
Then some HONKING and lots of SPLASHING.
All of the made Lucy scream, me jump and Laney cry. A goose came and crashed our party. In the end Lucy and I were cracking up and Laney stopped crying, eventually.
It definitely was a zoo trip to remember.
February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment