February 24, 2008

Home, Sweet Home Part 2

The Hooper House has been busy this past week. We moved. As exciting as it is for us to be in our new home, where we picked out everything from the lot to the light fixtures ourselves, moving is never fun. I never realized how much stuff we've accummulated throughout the last 4 years. More than that, I never realized how much of that stuff belongs to our 2 year old. I think she had more than both Kevin and I combined. I think I made 5 trips to Goodwill in the last month, the workers even recognized me at one point and said "back again?"

The workers were still working the morning we started moving in, but overall most is done. Of course, there is that never ending to-do list for our builder to work on. Everyone we needed right away, called and came out right away, except for the electrician. We needed him to put in a different outlet for our garage doors. He still hasn't came. Finally, today, after a week of manually putting the door up and down, we had a DUH moment and just used an extension cord. If you've ever had an electric garage opener, you know what a pain it is to have to do it manually. Especially in rain/snow at 6:45 am.

Kevin, along with his brother, sister and her husband spent the day Saturday moving boxes as I stayed here and unloaded. An added benefit of being pregnant :) Although, I do have to say, I hated not being able to do things for myself. On Sunday, we had movers come to move all the furniture. What a lifesaver that was, although I think we still made about 10 more trips to the old house to get what wouldn't fit on their truck.

Everything has come together perfectly. All the furniture is where I had pictured it, the curtains I had picked out look great. Thanks Dad for hanging all of them! Our house definitely is feeling like a home.

Kevin and I want to say a BIG thank you to his brother, sister and AJ for all their help and for watching Ribby over the weekend. And also to my parents for watching Lucy, letting us stay at their house for a few days, and for all the handy work!

No comments: