Lucy LOVES her new big, big girl bed! She had previously been in her toddler bed, but when we moved we switched her to a full size bed. I have never seen her so excited about something. Mom and I could hardly get the sheets on the bed because she kept wanting to get up! Lucy has done fantastic in her new bed, room and house. Once we started staying here she stopped talking about going to her other house. She sleeps all night, though she is getting up earlier to come into our room. We are hoping this is just an adjustment phase. The only thing that bothered her was Ribby not being with us right away. Ribby was staying with Sarah and AJ while we moved, and I think Lucy was a little concerned if she was coming back. When we told her on Wednesday that Ribby was coming home, she asked Kevin if Ribby could sleep with her.
While Ribby does not sleep in her room, Lucy does enjoy the occasional snuggle with her during the day. Ribby, much to our dismay, prefers the sofa at night. Much easier to wash a quilt than a sofa.Speaking of Ribby, she has turned into Houdini. That is how Kevin and I refer to her now. We have always had her kennel trained because she suffers some separation issues and when we leave she eats things. She has chewed on my vacuum cleaner, our wedding album , a few shoes and many of Lucy's toys. We have just come to the point that she needs her kennel, and until we moved, she seemed fine with this. Her kennel has always been her hiding place when things get too crazy, and she loves it. Now when we leave, she pounces on the front of the kennel until she gets a way to squeeze out. Knock on wood, she hasn't chewed anything....YET, but I do worry about her getting stuck while sneaking out.
Things that make me giggle:
*Lucy just stormed off because Kevin changed the channel to basketball. "I don't like basketball...hmp. I am going to MY room." Then she comes back out to tell me "Daddy turned off my cartoons." She loves to tattle on him.
*Lucy always says she is a princess, ballerina, etc. with her dresses on and sparkly shoes. Nana said something to her today about a princess and her response was "I am not a princess today. My mommy made me wear this." She had on jeans and a tee-shirt.
1 comment:
I can't wait to see your new house!! I'm glad Lucy is settling in well and loves her new bed.
Our dogs also like to sleep on the couch, so we put the blankets on top of the couch. It looks pretty tacky, but it saves me from having to shampoo the couch! (And I just take the blankets off when people come over, so I don't look like white trash!). =)
Post a Comment