May 8, 2008

Clapping Clouds

I woke up at the crack of dawn Tuesday morning (it was 5:37) to the sight of lightening and the sounds of thunder and Lucy crying for me. She was all the way across the house at our bedroom door, without bink or blanket. She usually at least has one of these if she wakes up in the middle of the night, and she usually doesn't make it but right outside her room, where she stands and yells. I didn't quite register the problem right away (thunderstorm) so I swooped her up and asked what was wrong.
"It's TOO noisy in my room."
I proceed to lay her in bed with us, go find bink and blanket and then snuggle tightly with her. Poor baby wouldn't let go of me. It thundered some more and she asked what it was so I told her that the clouds were clapping their hands. Unfortunately, I had to get up and go to work and wasn't able to sleep till 9 like my babies! When they finally woke up, Lucy told Kev,
"Daddy, the clouds are not clapping anymore."

2 comments:

Sally said...

I was up feeding Lil Major this morning when I heard the LOUDEST thunder I've ever heard...and it followed lightening that I'm SURE struck within 100 yards of my house. I sure jumped!

hey, did my first class post-baby tonight. It felt great! I'm thinking about Ashley's class in the morning if my mom will watch the kid.

♥Shally said...

We tell our kids that God is bowling and he keeps knocking all the pins down...