It was an absolutely beautiful day today.....80 some degrees, NO WIND, and plenty of sunshine. Most weekends where the temperature is nice, it seems as if the wind has been 30-40 mph, and that is no exaggeration. So, what did we do....we went to the beach! Mom and Dad live on a lake and have sand in their backyard, so here in Kansas, that is as close to the beach as we will get!
Lucy and I woke up this morning, ate breakfast and she promptly put her suit on! We called our friends Denise and McKinley (2) and Meghan, Phoenix (3) and Charley (6 mos) to have them meet us there! Packed with towels, sunscreen, snacks and sand toys we were on the beach by 10:15! We had a great morning of playing, splashing, throwing rocks and pulling weeds! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, but figure there will be plenty of other opportunities. Especially after she took a nap for over 2 hours today, I figure we'll be out there every chance we get! Anything to get my nap in!
May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment