Not even sure where to start in describing the last week! It has been so crazy and hectic! I think I'll just go day by day!
Wednesday: Wingnuts opening night for the baseball season....it rained, got washed out.
Thursday: Kevin flew out early to Las Vegas to attend his brother's wedding. He missed opening night. My parents left to go on vacation for about 2 weeks.
Friday: Lucy went to Bentonville to hang out with her cousins for 4 nights because I was to work on Monday and Tuesday and didn't have a sitter for her. To read about her weekend click here and here. We also found out that Kev's grandmother had passed away Thursday night. She had been sick for a long time, and while still difficult, we all know that she is in a better place.
Saturday: Kevin was supposed to fly out to Sioux City to meet the team to play Saturday night and Sunday before coming home to attend his grandmother's funeral. He boarded the plane, then got told there was a 3 hour mechanical problem. He de-planed, stood in line for 3 hours only to find out that he could not get to Sioux City until 11 pm. He called his manager, who told him to just come home. He got to Wichita around 11 pm. On a funny note, when Lucy was told that I was on the phone, her response to my brother was "I don't care." I guess she was having fun.
Sunday: Mother's Day. I was planning on having to spend the day alone, but since Kev came home, we just hung out all day. It was very nice!
Monday: BIG NEWS!!!! Went to the baby doctor for my 35 week appt and she is scheduling my induction for June 9th!!!!! I'm getting induced because of how quickly Lucy's delivery was and also because of Kev's schedule. After the doc, we headed to Lawrence for visitation and the funeral.
Tuesday: We attended Grandma Johnson's funeral. It was such a sad occasion, but she had suffered long enough. She had been in the hospital since right around Christmas time. I then left after the service and lunch to meet my brother outside of Parsons to pick up Lucy and head home. Kev flew out that evening to El Paso to meet the team. This time, his flights went smoothly.
Today: Kev is playing in his first game as a Wingnut. He missed the first 6 games. Lucy and I are hanging out together at home, just enjoying the idea of having nothing to do. Well, we have lots to do: pick up Ribby from the kennel, get groceries, buy a baby present for a friend, laundry, etc. But, right now she is snoozing, I'm relaxing and life is good.
May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
June 9th is close!! You can make it... :)
June 9! That's soon!! I'm glad Kev got to come home for Mom's Day. I had fun last Saturday catching up. I miss you!
Wow...ya'll sound busy busy. Best of luck with this delivery, that is SO close!
Also, SO sorry to hear about Kevin's grandmother. Please let him know he is in our thoughts, that is so tough!
Post a Comment